My name is Ryan. I am a 27 year old graduate from the University of Toronto, where I completed a BA for Specialist English and Minor Classical Studies. This means I spent the first half of my 20s reading a lot of different novels and poems, along with some classical mythology and history wherever I could fit them in.
In 2014 I completed a post-graduate technical communication program at Seneca College, which boosted my professional writing skills.
Along with aspiring to publish my own works of fiction someday, I also want a career in the writing world through analysis, critique, and/or editing. As much as I want to write my own stories — which I admittedly find difficult to muster the motivation for at the moment — I love writing about stories as well, which is why I started this blog.
For those who are curious, below are lists of some of my favourite works.
- Far-Seer by Robert J. Sawyer
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The Iliad by Homer
- Sin City by Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller
- Cloud Atlas by The Wachowskis and Tom Tykwer
- Alien by Ridley Scott
- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman et al
- The Unwritten by Mike Carey & Peter Gross
- Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa